dcwendt

A couple of weeks ago, I asked a question and you responded but I'm uncomfortable with the response so I want to doublecheck my question again.

My elderly mother paid me a total of $2,430 for home health care aid for doing her finances and scheduling appointments.  She paid me an extra $200 for working on her income taxes and paid me a total of $355 to driver her to medical appoints, the bank, drug store and grocery store.  I did not keep track of mileage, she paid me per trip.  I asked if I needed to include any of those dollars as income and was told no.  Also, I did not get a 1099 form for any of these dollars, so just wanted to double check that none (0) of this money is income.   Thank You!
Carl

Oh it's income any way you look at it. But if the total amount of income is less than $6200 you don't need to bother reporting it. Additionally, this was from a family member. It's no different than you paying your son a weekly allowance to carry out the trash after supper every night.

dcwendt

Thank you - I feel much better with your explanation.  Have a good day!
re2boys

I read the previous answer and I agree that this appears to be reimbursements and gifts among family members and thus not reportable. And the sums pass the reasonableness test.