Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

$8000 underpayment

I typically owe about $8000 with my 1040.  How should I modify my w4.  I currently take 0 dependents

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

$8000 underpayment

Hello hnewman62, 


You could enter an amount on W-4, Step 4, Line (c) to have them take out additional amount.  You can divide your $8,000 underpayment by number of pay periods and enter it on line 4c.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings