Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sanpatel1

5 E-file Limit

I installed TurboTax 2023 using my sister's download (who lives in another state).  When I tried e-filing, TurboTax explained that the limit of 5 e-files had already been reached - which I also confirmed with my sister.  So I then uninstalled it, purchased a new copy using my own Intuit email address and installed this new version.  I still get the same message the my limit of 5 e-files have been reached, however, even though I am using a new email address on a computer that has never submitted an e-file (and in a completely different state).  Are there still files from the previous version that need to be deleted?  Anyone else have this problem? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

5 E-file Limit

Try this......

There is a way to have 2 licenses. You don't need to install the second version just enter the License Code. Under Help - Switch Product - Activate new product. Don't know what that will do or what benefit you will get. Don't know if it will allow you to efile more than 5.

5 E-file Limit

and by the way, for future reference, the license agreement doesn't permit sharing the downloaded software with others.  you can load the software on multiple computers that you personally own, but you can't load the software on computers you don't own.  

5 E-file Limit

Since a prior version was installed and then uninstalled and then another version was installed using a new email address along with (presumably) a new activation code, I am left to wonder whether something was written into the Windows registry that referenced the 5 e-file limit.

If that is the case, the product needs to be completely uninstalled, a full backup needs to be made, and the registry needs to be thoroughly cleaned (not for the faint of heart).

Also for future reference, TurboTax makes a boatload of entries into the registry. The last time I tried to use a registry cleaner (not a freebie but a paid one), the TurboTax entries were indeed removed but my network connection was knocked out in the process.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies