Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2022 Turbotax unable to save file

Unfortunately recently I get the issue lot people already have, that is I'm not able to save file from Turbotax.

I don't know when it's happens. At first, I create tax return file, and extract info from old tax file, input new year W2, and "save file" workst at beggining.

Suddenly, one day it doesn't work, maybe due to win10 update? I don't know. I tried lot method. First, the directory is good  to access, either HDD or SDD, I could read/write file using others software. Also it's not USB drive.

I also tried "Controlled Folder Access" setting, but it doesn't work no matter on/off.

Finally, I find one work around and it works for me. That is "use Turbotax default directory", which is  "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\TurboTax", "XXX" is your account name. 

I'm used to save file to others partion such as D:\ or E:\ and don't like to save file to C:\.  

Hope it could help people have same issue with me.

==========================================================

I strong encourage Turbotax SW engineer to investigate such kind issue. Save file to disk any path is a very simiple and basic application operation. I don't know why there may have such kind issue, which make people frustrated.

Hope it could resolved next year return.  Otherwise I had to look for other tax return software.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
raigner1

Hello everybody,'
I have a very similar problem. Whenever I try to save my session with the menu option TTAX just closes and next time I open it most of the entries are lost. It is always the same, re-boot or re-install did not fix the issues either. 

Here is the workaround I found:
Close TTAX using the X on the upper right corner of the window.  Before it actually closes TTAX will ask if I want to save my session and surprisingly it does save everything I entered and all works when I open the file next time.

Good luck! Robert

jfhollow
Returning Member

In response to shendell’s Post: 2022 Turbotax unable to save file

I have used Turbo Tax for many years, the download version, not the online version.

It is easy to download, fill in, and file. No issues with functions not working properly, no file save problems, and you can E-file, all for just $50.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for providing the workarounds to fix the issue. It may help other members in the community.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies