Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kfanti

2022 and 2023 data input files

Turbotax required not supporting windows 8.1 starting 2022.   I bought a new HP and entered 2022 and 2023 taxes in Turbotax and submitted to IRS.   IRS came back with missing entries that I know I did not miss on my income tax input.   After I mailed two tax returns 2022 came back from IRS.   I need the data input files from 2022 and 2023.   the computer that I used is not operational.   I have been unable to download any data input files from TurboTax.com.   Instructions do not work.   Does Turbotax have the data input files that I Need?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

No.   If you used the CD/download software, your tax returns are not stored online.  They were stored only on your own hard drive or any backup device you used like a flash drive.   Only returns using online TurboTax software are stored online.

If you cannot recover them due to a hard drive failure, etc. you can get a free transcript from the IRS or for a fee of $30 an actual copy of your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Why do you need 2023 if the IRS is only asking about 2022?  Did you maybe enter a 2022 item into 2023?  Did you use the separate Desktop programs for 2023 and 2023?  Did you efile the returns or mail them?  

Sorry if you used the Desktop program the only copies are on that computer and not saved or stored online even if you efiled them through Turbo Tax.  Do you still have the computer?  Maybe you can take the hard drive out and put it in a cheap external enclosure and access the data.  Do you have another newer computer you can install the programs on?  And you didn’t make any backups of the pdf files or .tax2022 data files like on a usb flash drive?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies