Skip to main content
Level 1
January 26, 2022
Question

2021 taxes

  • January 26, 2022
  • 1 reply
  • 10 views

My name is Rodney W. I used TurboTax last year to file my taxes and I would like to use you again this year. Currently the only letter I have received in the mail is from the IRS form number 6419. I did however print out the documents from Missouri Department of Labor 1099G, which list my unemployment compensation and the federal taxes withheld. I also printed out my 2021 economic impact payment number three document.

I have no w-2s or any other income from 2021. I have two minor children, ages 9 and 7, of which I claimed last year and I will be claiming them this year as well.

I did not have any daycare expense for my children, I do however travel 80 miles per day, round trip, to take them to school. I also took them from Missouri to Tennessee this past summer for a summer camp and I was wondering if any of that can be claimed on child care?

Is there anything else I need to initiate my 2021 tax filing through TurboTax?

    1 reply

    ColeenD3
    Alumni - Intuit
    January 26, 2022

    No, your travel is not child care and does not qualify for a credit. Enter your unemployment and any other income you might have. Enter the information from Form 6419 and any other pertinent information.