Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2021 Tax return has yet to be approved

Good afternoon,

I filed my taxes and they were accepted on February 28, 2022 and it has yet to be approved.  I have filed my taxes with Turbo Tax before, and this has never happened to me.  I inputted my information to the best of my knowledge, and don't understand why I keep on getting the same response. That they are working as quickly as possible, and to keep checking back for an update.   It has been over 4 months since I filed, and every time I check I get the same response.  In addition, Turbo Tax has already charged me for the $39.00.

Please HELP!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Donna F 77
Employee Tax Expert

Hi eloides20!  I'm sorry to hear that you are still waiting on your tax return to be processed.  It's a frustrating situation.  Unfortunately, we don't have access to the IRS computer systems to be able to give you any additional information.  We do advise calling IRS at 7am to try to reach an agent.  The number to call is 1-800-829-1040.  Avoid putting in your social security number on the automated system.  You will be routed to an agent faster without it.  Also, you may check with the Taxpayer Advocate Service to see if they can help get your return processed any faster.  Here's a link to their site:

https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/

Unfortunately there are many taxpayers in your same situation.  IRS is simply unable to keep up with the demand as they are short-staffed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Donna F 77
Employee Tax Expert

Hi eloides20!  I'm sorry to hear that you are still waiting on your tax return to be processed.  It's a frustrating situation.  Unfortunately, we don't have access to the IRS computer systems to be able to give you any additional information.  We do advise calling IRS at 7am to try to reach an agent.  The number to call is 1-800-829-1040.  Avoid putting in your social security number on the automated system.  You will be routed to an agent faster without it.  Also, you may check with the Taxpayer Advocate Service to see if they can help get your return processed any faster.  Here's a link to their site:

https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/

Unfortunately there are many taxpayers in your same situation.  IRS is simply unable to keep up with the demand as they are short-staffed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies