Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

damigora
Returning Member

2021 Returns

According to TurboTax software and a call I made, I had to file my 2021 returns via regular mail because one W-2 had no income reported.  I mailed it on March 24, 2022.  The IRS website is showing I haven't filed yet.  The local IRS office closed last year and will not reopen.  What should I do?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

2021 Returns

Just keep waiting.  The IRS is taking longer this year.  It is taking 6 months or more for mailed returns.  Why didn't the W2 show income?   Did you get 2 W2 from the same employer?   Maybe they ran out of room on the first W2?

Michele_H
Employee Tax Expert

2021 Returns

Hi @damigora I am sorry you are having this issue with your refund.  Here is a link that may help explain why your refund is being delayed.  It is possible that the IRS is behind on the paper filings.  This link includes numbers you can call as well.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-refund/irs-refund-taking-longer-21-d...

All the best!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
damigora
Returning Member

2021 Returns

It was a W-2 from a previous employer.  They made a contribution to my 401k in 2021, reported in box 12a, after I left the company.  I left the company in December 2020. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies