cdickison

2020 Virginia S-Corp "We need to make one more check"

I have completed my 2020 Virginia SCorp filing and am attempting to transmit federal and state. The program says "everything looks great". I then hit transmit and it comes back with "We need to make one more check". However, it gives NO indication as to what is wrong. I tried calling TurboTax but was told that I didn't pay for CPA advice. I don't need CPA advice. It is a simple 1 person S-Corp filing. Do we know if there is a known defect with the TurboTax Virginia filing and I must wait for an update. Otherwise, how in the world do you know how to get the state filing to transmit when it doesn't provide any feedback at to what is wrong 

Watchword

I wanted to let you know that I found the answer elsewhere. By deleting the malfunctioning form (which was not needed anyway), I was able to get my return to transmit. Details are here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/re-virginia-form-502a/01/1919879/highlight/...

Hope this helps. TurboTax, please let the product folks know they need to fix the error in the next software update.

JeffreyR77

if this is a simple 1 person S-Corp, I recommend deleting the Virginia return and regenerating it.  As you are not getting errors in the review but in the transmit process, there is likely something that needs to get flushed and repackaged to transmit.

cdickison

I deleted and started over. I have a 2019 TurboTax so everything is imported from last year. I simply update a few new income values for 2020. So simple. However, when I transmit the return it puts me in an endless loop of "we need to do one more check" without any explanation of why. So frustrating. 

JeffreyR77

II totally appreciate your frustration.  Recommend clearing your cache and cookies from your browser.  If this doesn't solve the issue, try using a different browser.  

cdickison

This is the 2020 Business Windows application. There is no browser involved. 

JeffreyR77

Have you tried updating the TurboTax Business software?  I you can also try turning off antivirus software while trying to transmit your return.  

Watchword

I am having the same problem. Every year, TurboTax flags the name field of the Virginia Pass-Through Entity Information Worksheet as if it had an error in it, even though the business name is auto-populated by the software. I have always been able to get past this problem by overriding it. This year, it keeps sending me back a step in an endless loop. This is definitely not a tax problem, it is a TurboTax product problem.

TurboTax, please help with this. Virginia does not allow filing by mail.

Watchword

I am having the same problem as the other poster. I updated the software just today.

The problem isn't that the form won't transmit. It's that the software keeps flagging non-existent issues in the Pass-Through Entity Information Worksheet form (in my case, my business name) and sending me back in an endless loop to fix it.

The business name is auto-populated from my Federal return. I have tried overriding it. I have tried editing it. It just keeps returning the same error.

FYI, I have encountered this issue with the Virginia form in previous years, but overriding the name field has always worked and I have been able to e-file.

cdickison

Glad I am not the only one. I had the issue last year and I think I just waited for an update. Hopefully, enough people report the error so that the developers fix the issue. It would be nice if they could acknowledge the issue and let us know they are working on a fix.

Watchword

cdickison

Thank You Thank You Thank You. It worked

mandkj6288

Watchword, I thank you so very much for this reply!!  I thought I was going to lose my mind.  It took me a few minutes to realize that I had to first OPEN the Form 502A that wasn't showing on my Virginia forms list and THEN DELETE it.  Fortunately, this was the final year for my s-corp, and I never have to deal with this ever again.

KJ