Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2020 Home&Business desk top disc not downloading updates using Win 10

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

So you have installed the program from the CD onto your Windows PC computer, but are now unable to update it?

If you haven't rebooted (restarted) your computer since installing, try restarting the computer first and see if that resolves it.

If it doesn't, then try a manual update.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

If problem persists, then you can try a TurboTax repair:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/how-to-repair-turbotax-in-microsoft-w...

@Sparta 1 

I revised my answer above, since I don't know if you ever rebooted (restarted) your computer after installing your TurboTax program.   Since that's a very easy thing to do, try that first, and see if your program will update.

If it doesn't, I left you 2 other options above.

Hi, 1) Re-start did not help. 2) Repair did not work. 3) Manual update "Super Patch" does not recognize Turbo Tax even when I re-installed the program ( thus application will not open), and 4) I have 166GB space left on hard drive.

Not sure how this communication format works, so will send/repeat what I have done about 2020 Hm&Business not updating: 1) Re-boot did not work. 2) Repair did not work, 3) Manual "Super Patch" does not recognize Turbo Tax even when I re-installed it (thus application will not open, and I re-booted that also) and 4) I have 166GB left on hard drive. 

You only need to respond once.  This does not work like a chatroom.  It is a user community bulletin board.  Someone may respond if/when they are in the forum and see a comment, but there's no guarantee when that would be.

Since you have tried all of the above and apparently have even reinstalled TurboTax, you probably should speak to TurboTax Support for realtime assistance.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Thank you for your help. Will contact support

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies