Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2018 Taxes

I did my 2018 taxes with your software.  I just realized that my efile was rejected.  I cannot find my file for my 2018 tax to re-do it again.  Is there a way to get what I input and tried to efile last year?  I still have that email and I have paid & done my 2019 taxes with yall again.  When I try to fix it from last year's rejected email it just takes me back to my 2019 taxes that I just did.  Please help.

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

2018 Taxes

My 2018 tax was rejected how do I retrieve and fix that file.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

2018 Taxes

You can not e-file a 2018 return as e-filing for 2018 ended in Oct 2019.    If you started your 2016, 2017, or 2018 return in TurboTax Online but weren't able to file it before the shutdown, you can finish and paper-file it in the TurboTax download software for PC or Mac.

Start by purchasing and downloading the software and install it on your computer. If you're also filing a state, be sure to download and install the corresponding state program (PC instructions | Mac instructions).

1. Now sign in at TurboTax.com using the same login you used to prepare your prior-year return.
    • If you don't remember it, try account recovery. Still no luck? Then just start over in the TurboTax software you downloaded and skip the rest of these instructions.
  2. Under Your tax returns & documents, select Download .tax file (not the PDF) for the prior year you want and save it to your computer.
  3. Back in the CD/download software, select Find a Tax File, and then browse to the tax data file you downloaded in the previous step.
  4. Select the file and click Open.
  5. You can now finish up in the software. Your return will need to be paper-filed, as e-filing prior years is no longer available.

Related Information:

@mlpatricia

@kmphipps1234

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies