Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2018 downloaded, but no idea how to start doing the actual taxes, which folder do I open to begin?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
pk
Level 15
Level 15

2018 downloaded, but no idea how to start doing the actual taxes, which folder do I open to begin?

Once you have installed the TurboTax, double click the TurboTax icon on your  computer desktop. Once TurboTax has finished updating etc. , it will open  and ask for what you want to do.  Select start a new return -- it will ask for the 2017 tax file  and will find it for you , if it is on your machine.

Thereafter you hit continue and the software will walk you through  area by area -- personal info, business income/deduction., personal income, deductions/credits and so on and so forth .

If you need more help, please feel welcome to ask in comments and one of us will help you

View solution in original post

1 Reply
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Once you have installed the TurboTax, double click the TurboTax icon on your  computer desktop. Once TurboTax has finished updating etc. , it will open  and ask for what you want to do.  Select start a new return -- it will ask for the 2017 tax file  and will find it for you , if it is on your machine.

Thereafter you hit continue and the software will walk you through  area by area -- personal info, business income/deduction., personal income, deductions/credits and so on and so forth .

If you need more help, please feel welcome to ask in comments and one of us will help you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies