Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FlapJac85

14- character code and Installation Key Code?

We are trying to download turbo tax and it prompts me with a 14 character code.  The only code I have is my Instalation Key Code on the cd purchased.  This Instalation Key Code does not work or match up.

Where can I find the proper 14 character code to download the software?  Please help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Did you follow the procedure as defined in this TurboTax support FAQ when you do not have a CD drive on your computer - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

FlapJac85

Yes - they were followed.

Still prompted with a 14 digit charactor code.  Again I only have the Instalation Key code found with the CD-Rom.  This code does not match up or work at all and is 21 digits long (all numerical).

@FlapJac85 wrote:

Yes - they were followed.

Still prompted with a 14 digit charactor code.  Again I only have the Instalation Key code found with the CD-Rom.  This code does not match up or work at all and is 21 digits long (all numerical).

The License code is only 14 digits.

If you obtained the TurboTax CD from an authorized retailer, your license code is printed on the front of the insert in your box. 

If you obtained the TurboTax CD directly from TurboTax.com, your license code is printed on the packing slip.

If you do not have the license code then contact TurboTax support for assistance - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

lmcapers13
Returning Member

I order cd but did not receive on someone at turbo tax help download it

I tried to get and it want to put the code which I do not have

lmcapers13
Returning Member

I need someone to give me the code because I can not find it in my account

I need help!

@lmcapers13 wrote:

I need someone to give me the code because I can not find it in my account

I need help!

If you obtained the TurboTax CD from an authorized retailer, your license code is printed on the front of the insert in your box. 

If you obtained the TurboTax CD directly from TurboTax.com, your license code is printed on the packing slip.

If you do not have the license code then contact TurboTax support for assistance - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

This is the most absurd thing.  Bought the turbotax deluxe.  Says cd or download, which I've done many times.  Searched for the key code.  Nothing.  Not in the box, no insert, not on the wrap on the cd plastic box, Nothing.  Finally found the 800 number.  Got through and I suppose the rep was partying---just answered and you could him them in the background.  Called back.  The next rep didn't know about a key code, said they had never held a box or package and bascially read off where it was supposed to be.  How hard can this be.  Then he went silent.  After a minute, guess he had to go let the dog in,  he answered unmuted.  Horrible, customer service on this product.  THen the guy wanted to screen share.  Yeah, NOPE!!!  I better NOT be out the $50.86 I paid for this.  GOing back to STAPLES tomorrow to see if they will help.  

Creek1811

[Removed]

Reedman

How do I get my turbo tax basic download?  I have a key code from Best Buy.

@Reedman 

Supposedly BBuy sends you an email with a link.

How It Works Digital Downloads - Best Buy

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies