malone3287

1099-misc EIN not working

Why is the EIN on my 1099-misc form not working? It's accurate so I don't understand

DallasM

1099-misc EIN not working

This may sound strange, but you can try to leave the EIN number on your 1099-Misc form "blank" and it will still be accepted. The reason being that the IRS will find your EIN number for you on their end and successfully enter it into your return. However, there is a downside to this:

The downside is that you won't be able to e-file because the IRS won't accept an electronic return without that EIN.  But you can still print the return out, sign it, and file by mail.  Without the correct EIN, that's your only option.

I hope this provided you with some clarity. Best of luck!

DallasM

1099-misc EIN not working