Royalty income from a business go to a Schedule C , although other types of royalties go to a Schedule E. Here are the directions to open the path to enter your royalty 1099-MISC. There will be questions after entry that will help determine whether it belongs on Schedule C or Schedule E.
- Sign in to your TurboTax account.
- Select Take me to my return.
- Type " 1099misc " in the Search box, in the upper right-hand, with the magnifying glass
- Click on the blue " Jump to 1099misc "link
- This will take you to the 1099-MISC entry screen with a box 2 available
- There will be questions after the entry that will direct the information to the Schedule C or Schedule E