Skip to main content
Level 1
May 7, 2020
Solved

1099 misc and shedule C

  • May 7, 2020
  • 2 replies
  • 46 views

I have a regular job where I receive a W2 form. However this year I received 1099misc for services I have provided and I need to file attachments as Schedule C and Schedule SE. My question is about filling out Schedule C Part 1 Income. If I have an amount in box 7 of my 1099 misc which box of the Schedule C form I fill out? I don't have receipts, sales or goods. It is just services I provided and have one amount only in box 7 of my 1099misc. Where in the income part I put this amount?

    Best answer by Anonymous_

    Your gross receipts (from your 1099) will be entered on Line 1 of Schedule C (see screenshot below). 

     

    It appears as if you may be trying to prepare the forms manually (just a guess) but, if that is the case, I would strongly urge you to use TurboTax (or some tax preparation software) since manual form preparation by the inexperienced can be replete with errors.

     

    2 replies

    Level 15
    May 7, 2020

    Your gross receipts (from your 1099) will be entered on Line 1 of Schedule C (see screenshot below). 

     

    It appears as if you may be trying to prepare the forms manually (just a guess) but, if that is the case, I would strongly urge you to use TurboTax (or some tax preparation software) since manual form preparation by the inexperienced can be replete with errors.

     

    Alumni - Intuit
    May 7, 2020

    The amount in box 7 of your form 1099-MISC is transferred to line 1 of Schedule C Part I.

     

    However, in TurboTax, you do not fill directly Schedule C.

     

    You enter your form 1099-MISC in TurboTax and TurboTax will transfer it automatically to Schedule C.

     

    Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax Help topic to enter your form 1099-MISC.

     

    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post. **Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"