Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

fl82
Level 1

1099-B Worksheet - at line Sale includes a disallowed wash sale loss (code W). Amount (leave blank if all). This line will not let me input any number. What do I do?

It's a joke. Mine crashes with 'hit a snag' after every single one, so I have multiple extra clicks just to get back to the list of transactions. Then, it's EXTREMELY slow and laggy when clicking next through dozens of pages to get back where I was.

1099-B Worksheet - at line Sale includes a disallowed wash sale loss (code W). Amount (leave blank if all). This line will not let me input any number. What do I do?

What an absolute waste of my time. I could not figure it out and believe me, I tried. The only way for me to get ahold of my 1099-B was to pay an extra  $70. What a scam! Turbo Tax, you have officially lost a customer! I will be taking my returns to H&R block.

This is not working for me!!!!!!!

I click on the Seach in the above right hand corner and there is no box to open and therefore cannot type in "1099 B" as directed.

This is so darn frustrating and such a waste of time.

Anyone out there have another solution to this frustating problem?

Thanks.

I'm frustrated and miserable because I can't figure this out. 

I write a comment and what do I get from Turbo Tax but a dumb statemet "You have earned a badge!"

I don't want a badge

I want an answer to my problem and when calling all I get is a recording telling me to go to their website.

Hello TurboTax

Will we get any update about the disallowed wash sale loss issue soon?

Doesn't work because there is no "Delete the wash sale adjustment amount and click Done" option.

56_dme

This method did work - but with many pages of Acorn and Betterment transactions this added about 4 hours to completing my taxes.

binkynelson
Returning Member

I'm getting a similar error in "check your entry" but I have $406 in wash sale loss disallowed on my 1099B (which I imported to Turbo tax).  It's $406 not under $1.  It will not let me enter it in "check your entry" and therefore will not let me file my taxes.  Please advise. 

56_dme

In reply to: veremonter87 - I clicked on the Search magnifying glass, and on the right side of the screen a place to type should pop up.  The trick for me was to type in 1099-B and then hit enter.  After hitting enter the link "Jump to 1099-B" appeared and it took me to the income page.  From that page I could click to edit either Acorns or Betterment.

binkynelson
Returning Member

I'm having the same issue.  None of my wash sales are less than .49.  My total wash sales are $405.00.  But it won't let me file because it keeps telling me I need to "check an entry."  Did you have any luck calling and getting an answer from TT?  Were you able to e-file?

I tried reimporting my betterment data today and it seems to be working fine now.  Something must have gotten fixed.

Wvanderveen
Returning Member

How do I record a wash sale loss disallowed

Wvanderveen
Returning Member

Annette, Turbo Tax is not allowing me to end 29.00 on line 1G for Wash Sale loss disallowed.  Any thoughts???  Wilma

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

There should not be any issues with entering an amount in box 1G for a wash sale loss disallowed if it is entered in the input screen of the Form 1099-B section. 

Try using the steps described in the TurboTax article linked below:

How do I enter a wash sale on my 2020 return?

@Wvanderveen

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies