Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I sell items on eBay where do I file my ebay and Paypal fees. These should come off at 100% correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I sell items on eBay where do I file my ebay and Paypal fees. These should come off at 100% correct?

This business activity should be reported on Schedule C, which TurboTax Self Employed does support.

You certainly can report these fees on line 10 of the Schedule C - "Commissions and fees" - or you could report them on line 27a - "Other expenses (from line 48", explicitly naming then as "Ebay and PayPal fees".  You do report 100% of your fees.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

2 Replies

100% of those expenses will reduce your profit by that much.

The amount of tax owed will only be reduced by a percentage of those expenses.

This business activity should be reported on Schedule C, which TurboTax Self Employed does support.

You certainly can report these fees on line 10 of the Schedule C - "Commissions and fees" - or you could report them on line 27a - "Other expenses (from line 48", explicitly naming then as "Ebay and PayPal fees".  You do report 100% of your fees.

Tom Young

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies