ok6

How do I delete Form 2210?

This is scheduled to be fixed in the update available Friday
bttrainingyard

How do I delete Form 2210?

@ok6 Nope, they just changed it to 3/1/2019
caryk

How do I delete Form 2210?

I have Mac home and business downloaded version and I did the thing under penalties where I put 0 instead of my 2017 tax liability. I have overpaid estimated taxes so I know I don't own an underpayment charge. Then I deleted for 2210 and it finally was really deleted for good. I just filed and will know in a few hours if I am accepted or rejected, but I am expecting that it worked since the 2210 form was actually gone.
caryk

How do I delete Form 2210?

This worked. My taxes were accepted
Tyson509

How do I delete Form 2210?

This worked for me on the online version. Thanks frank.forgione! And thanks caryk for putting this up as a new Answer.
jorlando2001

How do I delete Form 2210?

Just hope that the IRS doesn't get made because you lied on your tax form, which is a crime.  The real crime is that TurboTax is making us lie on tax forms to fix their bugs!
dollarbill321

How do I delete Form 2210?

I did NOT lie on the tax return. And unlike POTUS, I will gladly submit my returns for review (sans audit!). My prepayments of quarterlies generate an overpayment, hence a refund that was already reflected on Form 1040 as well a prepayment schedules. This information had already been input to TT system and could have / should have been incorporated by TT in preparation of Form 2210.
castoll41

How do I delete Form 2210?

02/20/19

RE:  Deletion of Form 2210 form 2018 TT Federal tax e-filing

1)  Be sure you do not need to include Form 2210 with the balance of your tax submittal.  This typically applies to taxpayers who make quarterly estimated tax payments on a regular basis, resulting in a small annual overpayment and, ultimately a refund from the IRS.

2)  I am using the Premier CD version of TT TurboTax for Windows.

3)  I found this solution among the many that have been "floated" recently on this TT Community forum.  I don't know who posted it, but it turned out to be a very simple solution for me and I can not take credit for it.

4)  I will posit it verbatim hereafter:  " Go to forms and open Form 2210.  Go to Part II Box A, right click and select override, click the X in block A, it will change to red, click on it again and it will disappear and so will Form 2210 in your list of tax forms."

5)  After doing this, I again e-filed my Federal tax return, after two previous rejections (with Form 2210 included), but without Form 2210 this time.  And, within less than an hour, my third submittal was "accepted" by the IRS! 

Hopefully, this will prove successful for many others who are struggling with the dilemma of Form 2210.  Good luck and hopefully no more wasted time,

kclymer8

How do I delete Form 2210?

Thanks.  This worked for me - finally.
shabbir

How do I delete Form 2210?

Just to clarify: I fit into this category-- "I am a taxpayer who made quarterly estimated tax payments on a regular basis, resulting in a $1400 of overpayment and, ultimately a refund from the IRS."
 I suppose I don't need Form 2210, correct?

The change you suggested deleted the FOrm 2210. I wanted to  double=check before I file it.
kfletch843

How do I delete Form 2210?

The instructions for Form 2210 has a flow chart that suggests you might need to file the Form 2210 even with a refund. It made no sense to me that the Form 2210 would be required so I filed without. Easy enough to send in a Form 2210 if subsequently requested.
macnaz

How do I delete Form 2210?

In regard to above post.  Generally speaking:  An Overpayment/ Refund does not necessarily mean that an "Underpayment Penalty" is not due.  However, based on your making the Four (4) Estimated Tax Payments in both Sufficient Amounts AND On-Time, It's probably like an "Underpayment Penalty" was not due.  TurboTax computes the Form 2210, and is a good reference, based on the Withholding (if applicable) and Estimated Taxes (and Dates) you provided earlier in the TT "step-by-step" process.  And, if the Form 2210 is still available for viewing in the TT "Forms" tab---- Your can glance at both the Lines 3-9 data, that provides minimal payment information (considering 2018 withholding, but NOT taking into account 2018 Estimated Tax Payments), based on your previous year's (2017) tax due.  In addition, the TT Form 2210, this year (2018) has an additional section, "85% Exception Smart Worksheet" that includes BOTH 2018 Withholding AND 2018 Estimated Tax Payments (including 2017 Refund applied tp 2018, if applicable).  Both of these may confirm for you whether it appears that an underpayment may be applicable (or, more-likely, inapplicable).  Additionally, you might want to review the TT "step-by-step" process and review (without making changes), at:  "Other Situations"> Additional Tax Payments> Underpayment Penalties.  And TT may have a comment addressing "underpayment penalties".  (NOTE: I had a similar situation as your's, in that I overpaid Estimated Taxes, on-time, and was due a Tax Refund; and TT indicated on this section: "You don't owe and underpayment penalty.  However, Form 2210 Underpayment of Estimated Tax, must be filed with your return"; and whereby, Line 6 was indicated as "Yes"; and Part II, Box A was "checked" (NOTE: I have two other posts relating to what I had to do to successfully e-file my returns (based on TT Premier, CD-version for Mac OS).  (NOTE: Unlike some of the "work-arounds" whereby the 2017 Tax is changed to "zero" to prevent the Form 2210 from being filed:  I thought it more-wise (as I was concerned that "changing" tax data could potentially affect and/or carry-over to other aspects of the return) to just go with the figures and pre-filled boxes checked as TurboTax calculated my 2018 Tax Return--- And, also not jeopardizing TurboTax's 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee" (which might have to be relied on, if future issues arise).  Hope this helps!
bethsiglin

How do I delete Form 2210?

Someone on here suggested the following and it worked for me:

Go to Federal Taxes, Other Tax Situation, Additional Tax Payments, Underpayment Penalties.  When 2017 tax liability box comes up, enter zero.  I did this and my return, that had previously been rejected, was accepted.  Good luck.   Too bad we have to figure this out minus help from TT !!!

macuser_22

How do I delete Form 2210?

Se this TurboTax FAQ:

Form 2210 Required but no Penalty is Applied

dollarbill321

How do I delete Form 2210?

10 MORE days to fix a problem that should have never occurred in the first place? INTUIT, my previous confidence in your product support is gone. If that's all you can do for TT customers on a relatively simple matter, I'm going to cancel my MINT, and I'm not going to buy QUICKBOOKS as planned. Looking for an apology and a refund / credit towards next year (if you're still around). Excuse my snarkiness, but can you tell I'm REALLY pissed off?