RE: Deletion of Form 2210 form 2018 TT Federal tax e-filing
1) Be sure you do not need to include Form 2210 with the balance of your tax submittal. This typically applies to taxpayers who make quarterly estimated tax payments on a regular basis, resulting in a small annual overpayment and, ultimately a refund from the IRS.
2) I am using the Premier CD version of TT TurboTax for Windows.
3) I found this solution among the many that have been "floated" recently on this TT Community forum. I don't know who posted it, but it turned out to be a very simple solution for me and I can not take credit for it.
4) I will posit it verbatim hereafter: " Go to forms and open Form 2210. Go to Part II Box A, right click and select override, click the X in block A, it will change to red, click on it again and it will disappear and so will Form 2210 in your list of tax forms."
5) After doing this, I again e-filed my Federal tax return, after two previous rejections (with Form 2210 included), but without Form 2210 this time. And, within less than an hour, my third submittal was "accepted" by the IRS!
Hopefully, this will prove successful for many others who are struggling with the dilemma of Form 2210. Good luck and hopefully no more wasted time,
I suppose I don't need Form 2210, correct?
The change you suggested deleted the FOrm 2210. I wanted to double=check before I file it.
Someone on here suggested the following and it worked for me:
Go to Federal Taxes, Other Tax Situation, Additional Tax Payments, Underpayment Penalties. When 2017 tax liability box comes up, enter zero. I did this and my return, that had previously been rejected, was accepted. Good luck. Too bad we have to figure this out minus help from TT !!!
Se this TurboTax FAQ:
Form 2210 Required but no Penalty is Applied