turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a medical reimbursement from a private non-insurance company for a prolia injection - should that be reported as a medical reimbursement?

I received 2 reimbursements from a  private non-insurance company that provided partial reimbursement for 2 prolia injections.  Should those reimbursements be reported as medical reimbursements?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

I received a medical reimbursement from a private non-insurance company for a prolia injection - should that be reported as a medical reimbursement?

Yes, any reimbursement for out of pocket medical expenses must first be used to reduce your medical expenses before any deduction is allowed. Only the amounts that were actually paid by you are allowed to be used to arrive at your full medical expense for deduction purposes on itemized deductions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Yes, any reimbursement for out of pocket medical expenses must first be used to reduce your medical expenses before any deduction is allowed. Only the amounts that were actually paid by you are allowed to be used to arrive at your full medical expense for deduction purposes on itemized deductions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies