Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JB173
Returning Member

wounded warrior caregiver credit question missing

I am having the same problem, and I have spent over six hours on the phone now with turbotax live advisors.  There is no question that populates that even asks about the wounded warrior caregiver credit.  Last year a question populated, but this year nothing does.  I have now had seven experts, go line by line. And no questions populate for the And no questions populate for this wounded warrior Caregiver credit.  I am level 22 IT tech and this is definitely an issue.  It's on H&R Block.  But I really don't want to have to switch there after spending over seven hours doing my taxes on here.  Plus the six hours in phone calls.  I've contacted both the IRS and New Jersey state of taxation.  This form should be on here.  There are also, multiple people asking about it on Facebook on the state of New Jersey.  Saying they can't find it.  They even went as far as to look through all their own forms, and said that they can't find it even though it says it should be there.  I have free TurboTax that I tried, but also upgraded to paid version and it's still not there.  I've been searching the topic nothing comes up.  I've tried on multiple devices.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

As you click through the screens when preparing the NJ tax return, you will come to the following screen, on which you can enter the information necessary to take the credit on your state return.  

The Wounded Warrior Caregivers Relief Act provides a tax credit to qualified family caregivers who take care of a military service member who has a disability arising out of service in any war or conflict on or after September 11th, 2001.

The credit is equal to 100% of the federal veteran disability compensation, or $675, whichever is less.

You are eligible for this credit if you provided care for a relative who is a qualifying armed services member and your gross income was $100,000 or less (married, filing joint; head of household; qualifying widow(er)) or $50,000 or less (single; married, filing separate).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JB173
Returning Member

This is what I’m saying it is not on there.  I’m not the only person on here saying this.  It is missing.  That screen is not on there.  I’ve now had 10 TurboTax experts connect to my computer using live screen and Gemini.  I had your highest technician look through every line and say that it’s not on there and they don’t know what to do.  I literally do this for a living. I am a level 22 IT tech as well as my husband.  I also work for Apple.  I have tried desktop version computer version , Mac, HP, etc.  And all different browsers.  If everyone of those people connected to my computer and went line by line and couldn’t find it, then it is not there.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Would you be able to send me a diagnostic copy of your return so we can further investigate this issue?  You can do this by taking the following steps:

TurboTax Online

Tools

Tax Tools

Share My File with Agent

then note the token number and respond to me with the number

TurboTax Desktop

Send Tax File to Agent

Send

Then respond with the token number to this message

The diagnostic copy does not include any of your personal info, it just includes numbers and forms so we can help solve the issue. 

JB173
Returning Member

Token is 1191317

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

The reason you are not seeing this credit appear is because your income is too high.  In order to claim the NJ-WWCC, your income must be $100,000 or less when you are married filing jointly or $50,000 or less for single or married filing separately.  Your income is slightly over the limit.  This is the reason TurboTax is not showing you the credit.  When I drop the income below the limit, the credit appears.  

So this is not a programming issue, you are not entitled to the credit, therefore TurboTax is not showing you the credit.  It will do the same thing with like the EIC, for those who earn too much, it will not let them access the credit.   

JB173
Returning Member

What specific line or box, is the income on so I can look back?  

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

NJ Line 29 will show you the NJ Adjust Gross income which is the amount it is based on. It is based on your gross income, not your taxable income. 

JB173
Returning Member

Thank you I appreciate you looking.  Although your other tax experts could have saved me hours.  It’s been a really frustrating situation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies