Solved: Why TT requests I enter "foreign source amount" only during error check?

Why TT requests I enter "foreign source amount" only during error check?

Why does TT requests that I enter "foreign source amount" only during the error check, given that it did not request it during the stepwise interview nor ever before. I had similar tax returns for the past 2 years (1099-DIV Worksheets had no amounts entered in "6d") and resulted in no errors. Can you explain why it needs to be entered this time?

It has been found that for 2017, if there is an entry in 1099-DIV box 6, TT will automatically insert an error in box 6d,
the foreign source amount included in dividends.”  If F1116 is filled out, there is a screen to insert that amount which is entered into box 6d and will clear the error.  Since F1116 is not filled out, the error will be flagged upon review. The fix is to insert a zero into box 6d to clear it.

Rogge THANKS, you certainly know your stuff. As you suspected I am not required to fill F1116 and that would explain the error. However, I still wish to make sure that I am doing the right thing: Should I manually enter into TT 1099-Div Worksheet box 6d the "Foreign income" (not listed in Vanguard's 1099-DIV, but available in another statement), 0 (zero), or it makes no difference (as the number appears not to carryover elsewhere)?

Type the zero into the 1099-DIV worksheet box 6d to clear the error.

Ragge: Will do so. I apologize for re-posting the question before I read your f/u (you can disregard or link to this answer). You are awesome. THANKS!!!