Solved: Why does Turbotax think I have a Qualified Busines...

Fuz

Why does Turbotax think I have a Qualified Business Income Deduction for a non-existent REIT?

I am using Turbotax Premier 2019. All of my income comes from W-2s, 1099-R, 1099-Int, 1099-DIV, or 1099-B (mutual fund sales). I do not own - nor have I ever owned - a small business of any kind. I did not enter any business income. I do not own any real estate and I am not part of any REIT. While reviewing my completed tax form, I noticed Turbotax shows a completed From 8995 with REIT dividends of $27 and a resulting QBI deduction of $5.

I know this is a trivial amount, but can anyone explain where this came from? I tried deleting the Form 8995 and that does not work - it keeps coming back, and does not correct the Form 1040. Thanks for your help.

I noticed Turbotax shows a completed From 8995 with REIT dividends of $27 and a resulting QBI deduction of $5.

Look at box box 5 of the 1099-DIV. 

Look at box box 5 of the 1099-DIV. 

Fuz

That's it! Thank you. I did not know what a "Section 199"dividend was.