Why am i not getting a credit for my metal roof (cool roof rated) and my attic being sealed along with new and upgraded insulation?

i was under the impression folks from Turbo Tax were here to answer our questions?

Your impression is just a bit mis-guided is all. This is a public user-to-user forum where there's more of users helping each other, than there are TurboTax employees participating. Though during tax filing season the employee participation in this forum does increase. Additionally, not all TTX employees are as privy to tax law, as they are to the functionality of the program. But to answer your question:

Your metal roof and added insulation are not "qualified" improvements that qualify for the energy credits. See this FAQ for things that qualify for that credit.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/home-ownership/energy-tax-credit-which-home-improvements-qualif...

If they don’t qualify why ask me?

"I" didn't ask you anything. If you have complaints or suggestions to improve the program, then by all means send them to <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:social_we_care@intuit.com">social_we_care@intuit.com</a>