June 1, 2019 9:49 AM
In the foreign tax credit section, if you need to enter foreign tax on wages, rent, pension etc., you need to first go through a number of screens regarding foreign dividends.
- When it asks if there are No Other Income or Expenses , click NO
- Click through a couple of screens and it will ask you to choose an Income Type, choose General category income for wages or pension or Passive income for Foreign rentals.
- You then need to enter your foreign country in the drop down
- Enter the description and the income
- Respond to the screens and a couple screens later you enter the Foreign Taxes Paid, Either for Rentals or All other Foreign Income
You need to continue through the foreign tax credit screens until the end.