In the foreign tax credit section, if you need to enter foreign tax on wages, rent, pension etc., you need to first go through a number of screens regarding foreign dividends.
- When it asks if there are No Other Income or Expenses , click NO
- Click through a couple of screens and it will ask you to choose an Income Type, choose General category income for wages or pension or Passive income for Foreign rentals.
- You then need to enter your foreign country in the drop down
- Enter the description and the income
- Respond to the screens and a couple screens later you enter the Foreign Taxes Paid, Either for Rentals or All other Foreign Income
You need to continue through the foreign tax credit screens until the end.
June 1, 2019 9:49 AM
Still have questions?Make a post