Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stenia957

Which form do I use to add my business expenses? This year I would like to add repairs not mileage.

I also have church donations. Which form do I need to use?
Other business expenses for having a home business are: utilities, phone, internet. Which form do I use?
Why am I not able to claim tuition that I paid for my daughter?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Which form do I use to add my business expenses? This year I would like to add repairs not mileage.

Yes, business income and expenses are reported under the Business tab in TurboTax Self-Employed, and appear in your return on Schedule C.

The easiest way to find Schedule C in TurboTax is to use the Search box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Enter "schedule c", hit Enter, then click on "jump to schedule c". This will take you directly to the start of this section where you can set up your business and enter your income & expenses.

Or go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "schedule c", click the topic in the list, then click "GO".

(If you are using the mobile app and don't have My Account or Tools on your screen, try logging into TurboTax from a laptop or desktop browser.)

To enter actual vehicle expenses, choose that option under Vehicle Expenses in the business expenses section (see screenshot below - click to enlarge).

Likewise, enter your Home Office expenses under the home office expense topic.

Charitable Donations are itemized deductions reported on Schedule A. You can find this topic using the search box as described above.

Without knowing all the particular facts of your tax return, it's not possible to explain why you are not receiving an educational credit or deduction. You might return to that topic (Education Expenses) to review your entries. In most cases, TurboTax will tell you what deductions or credits you receive and why or why not.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies