you are claiming actual expense method (gas, oil, car wash, etc.) as opposed to
the standard mileage method, you can include vehicle maintenance expenses
in the year paid. Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section.
Actual Expenses method of deducting your car for business. It is based on the expenses you actually incur in the operation of your vehicle. It includes things like:
· gas purchases
· oil changes
· tire purchases
· car washes
· and lease payments
However, you can only claim the percentage of expenses that apply to the business use of your vehicle. To compute this, you must know how many miles you drove for business purposes and how much you drove for personal reasons.
TurboTax will walk your through this method.
To enter your vehicle mileage for your business follow these steps:
Click the Business
2. Scroll down to Business Income and Expenses and click Update next to Profit or Loss from Business.
3. Click Edit next to your business. If you do not see this create your business.
4. Under Business Expenses click Start/Update on Business Vehicle Expense.
5. This is the Vehicle Summary Screen.
· Follow along the interview and select Actual Expenses