Since these education expenses are not related to a category lists under the "Other Common Business Expenses", then report these business education expenses under "Other Miscellaneous Expenses."
To enter these education fees into TurboTax Online (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here) or Desktop, please follow these steps:
- Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Business"” tab
- Next click on “I’ll choose what I work on” (jump to full list)
- Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Business Income and Expense”
- Choose “Profit or Loss from Business ” and select start/revisit/update.
- If your business is already listed, choose to "edit"
- You will eventually get to a screen titled "Your () Business"
- Scroll down to Business Expenses and select "Other Common Business Expenses".
- Select "Other Miscellaneous Expenses" and enter here (You can call them "Training and education fees")
Please refer to this IRS link for more information about Business Expenses