Where can I get form 8889-T?

Where can I get form 8889-T?

Where can I get form 8889-T?

We'll automatically fill out Form 8889 if you and/or your employer contributed to an HSA (usually indicated by code W in box 12 of the W-2), if you used funds in your HSA (reported on Form 1099-SA), or if you inherited an HSA.

Form 8889: Health Savings Account (HSA) is used to report HSA contributions, distributions, and withdrawals.

Tip: On jointly-filed returns, Form 8889 will have a -T or -S suffix, for example Form 8889-T or 8889-S. This simply denotes who the 8889 belongs to (T for taxpayer, S for spouse).

Related Information:

Where can I get form 8889-T?

@HelenC12 Has this been implemented yet? My taxes are complete but it says I can’t file because that form isn’t ready yet. Any idea when that form will be ready?

Where can I get form 8889-T?

Form 8889 is estimated to be available on 1/28/2021. Note that this is an estimate subject to change, so please follow Federal Forms Availability to see when it is released.