When I try to enter info for form 1098-T, it defau...

lemonaystand

When I try to enter info for form 1098-T, it defaults to my name, even though it is for my child. Even when I choose to Add a Student. How do I enter for child?

Even if I choose the Edit option under my own name, it does not allow name edit.

If you are claiming that child as a dependent in the MY INFO section   then their name should be an option in the education deduction section. 

lemonaystand

My child is listed as a dependent in my info and still not listed as an option.

WendyN2

Make sure that you have made all of the correct "check-off's" regarding your dependent (living with you the whole year (this time away at school also is counted as "home" with you, answer "yes" to - "you do support your dependent more than 50%", etc., otherwise he/she might not qualify and therefore that might be why you are not seeing the benefit that you are expecting to see.