turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I try to enter info for form 1098-T, it defaults to my name, even though it is for my child. Even when I choose to Add a Student. How do I enter for child?

Even if I choose the Edit option under my own name, it does not allow name edit.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

When I try to enter info for form 1098-T, it defaults to my name, even though it is for my child. Even when I choose to Add a Student. How do I enter for child?

If you are claiming that child as a dependent in the MY INFO section   then their name should be an option in the education deduction section. 

My child is listed as a dependent in my info and still not listed as an option.

Make sure that you have made all of the correct "check-off's" regarding your dependent (living with you the whole year (this time away at school also is counted as "home" with you, answer "yes" to - "you do support your dependent more than 50%", etc., otherwise he/she might not qualify and therefore that might be why you are not seeing the benefit that you are expecting to see.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies