Solved: When do I stop filing schedule F (which shows depreciation) after selling a farm (along with the principal home)?

sarah-wynn

When do I stop filing schedule F (which shows depreciation) after selling a farm (along with the principal home)?

We sold our farm and principal home 4 years ago. TurboTax was still including Schedule F in our paperwork last year (although it is now only showing something to do with depreciation). Is this right?

MichaelL1

There should be no Sch F or any other worksheets related to the Farm if the farm is gone.

When the farm was sold 4 years ago, each asset on the depreciation schedule should have been accounted for at that time so nothing was left.

You need to delete the deprecation schedule and all the accompanying worksheets and the Sch F as it is no longer needed.

MichaelL1