Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We have a 1 YO daughter and paid about $16,000 for daycare last year. Why does turbo tax say that $0 is eligible dependent care expenses for the calculation of any credit??

TT says that my daughter is eligible and the daycare is a company with a tax ID.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

We have a 1 YO daughter and paid about $16,000 for daycare last year. Why does turbo tax say that $0 is eligible dependent care expenses for the calculation of any credit??

You are correct. Not only do you both need income from working (not just looking for a job) but you must have entered the income into TurboTax for TurboTax to know that you both had income from working.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Did you have income from working and if married filing jointly, did your spouse also have income from working?

Yes we both had income: normal jobs all year, in the states. Married filing jointly.

I think I know why...I don't have my W2 yet so I have only entered my husbands W2 so far. From what I read, we both need to be working or looking for a job in order to quality on not having my W2 information in there isn't providing the entire picture. ???

Got it!  My mistake! 🙂 thanks Texas Roger 🙂

You are correct. Not only do you both need income from working (not just looking for a job) but you must have entered the income into TurboTax for TurboTax to know that you both had income from working.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies