akgrown1992

We have 2 Foster Placements that we had less then 6 months last year however we paid close to 3000 in day care fees can we claim that as a charitable donation?

Howard1948

Unfortunately, no.  You received something of value for your payment (child care services) negating it as a charitable contribution.

cedeyonke

So if I pay out of pocket for daycare, the state doesn't reimburse me, and I can't even find a way to put it into taxes as a charitable contribution. That sucks.  I would debate the idea of "gaining something of value" as we do not profit off of this at all.