We have 2 Foster Placements that we had less then 6 months last year however we paid close to 3000 in day care fees can we claim that as a charitable donation?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Unfortunately, no.  You received something of value for your payment (child care services) negating it as a charitable contribution.

cedeyonke

So if I pay out of pocket for daycare, the state doesn't reimburse me, and I can't even find a way to put it into taxes as a charitable contribution. That sucks.  I would debate the idea of "gaining something of value" as we do not profit off of this at all.