Virginia vehicle registration fees vs annual tax

I'm in Virginia and pay the county/state annual fees for my car. I don't know if these are registration fees or should be filed under personal property taxes.

you can file them under either the "Registration Fees"...or the "Personal Property Taxes", since they end up on the same line.

Just make sure you are only entering the city/county property taxes based on the value of your vehicle. 

The VA state DMV re-registration fees are not a property tax and cannot be included.  Only City/County property taxes on your vehicle.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing