turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Online Form 7203 Software Issue (S Corporation Shareholder Stock and Debt Basis Limitations)

TurboTax Online supports filling out form 7203 as part of including K-1 income in personal taxes. However, it seems like there's a software bug in TurboTax where column d (Total) on line 23 always resets to 0 after recalculating or saving the form, regardless of the user input on line 23. This causes lines 12, 14, and 15 TurboTax to be incorrect as well, because these lines depend on the result of line 23 and TurboTax calculates them automatically.

It seems to me that any TurboTax user with any non-zero figure(s) on line 23 "Debt basis restoration (see instructions)" won't be able to complete their tax return. Or worse, they may file their tax returns with incorrect information since TurboTax updates the line 23 Total as well as the dependent cells to the wrong numbers without notifying the user and they may not notice unless they go back to review.

Is this actually a TurboTax Online software issue or am I missing something? Can this be reported so that TurboTax can fix the calculation? Is there a workaround?

Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax Online Form 7203 Software Issue (S Corporation Shareholder Stock and Debt Basis Limitations)

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

If you still are not able to solve this, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I too am having this issue. I cleared everything and the browser data to start fresh. Same issue. The online version zeros out line 12 and the total for line 23. 

Did you get an answer? I'm having the same issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies