Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax ask to enter a US ZIP and State in the W2 employee fields. But I have a foreign address in my W2. How could I solve this?

My W2 has my foreign address, but turbotax does not allows to select foreign country in the employee section. It requires US ZIP code and US State.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Turbotax ask to enter a US ZIP and State in the W2 employee fields. But I have a foreign address in my W2. How could I solve this?

There should be a drop-down option for you to select "Foreign Address" and then you can also select a Foreign Country.  See screenshot

Janset0411
Returning Member

Hello, I have the same problem. But it will not let me click on the drop down menu eventhough it's marked in white. Do you have any other ideas what I could do for TurboTax to recognize my foreign adress on my W-2 ?

turbotax problem.png

First delete the W-2 and try again. 

Next, do you have a foreign address in the MY INFO tab ? 

Last ... the address on the W-2 employee or employer section is immaterial ... you can enter any address since it doesn't matter... this info is NOT sent to the IRS with your return.  The only thing on the W-2 that must be correct and the IRS checks is the employer EIN. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies