Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

justine1195
Returning Member

THEY TOOK MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WHEN THEY HAD NO RIGHT TO..... THE MONEY THEY TOOK WAS FOR MY RENT I WAS ALREADY BEHIND ON AND NOW MY 3 KIDS AND I HAVE TO SLEEP IN IN MY CAR THAT DONT RUN IN 110 DEGREE IN ARIZONIA MY YOUNGEST IS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD

THEY TOOK MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WHEN THEY HAD NO RIGHT TO..... THE MONEY THEY TOOK WAS FOR MY RENT I WAS ALREADY BEHIND ON AND NOW MY 3 KIDS AND I HAVE TO SLEEP IN IN MY CAR THAT DONT RUN IN 110 DEGREE IN ARIZONIA MY YOUNGEST IS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD  AND WHEN I CALLED THE SAME DAY THEY TOOK IT AND INFORMED THEM THAT I DIDNT FILE TAXES THIS YEAR BECAUSE I HAVENT WORKED FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS!!! I HAD BOWWOWED THAT MONEY FROM SOMEONE AND IM ALREADY 9 MONTHS BEHIND ON RENT AND I ALSO INFORMED THEM THAT I WOULD BE KICKED OUT THAT NIGHT IF I DIDNT GIVE ALL THAT MONEY TO MY LAND LORD SO THEY SENT ME SOME FORM TO FILL OUT AND IVE DONE THAT 3 TIMES AND I KEEPS GETTING A EMAIL BACK STATING THAT THEY CANT APPROVE THE REFUND MY YOUNGEST IS ONLY 3 MONTHS I HAD TO PUSH MY CAR THAT DONT RUN TO THE PARK DOWN THE STREET BECAUSE MY LAND LORD DIDNT WANT US SLEEPING IN MY CAR INFRONT OF THE HOUSE I HAD THE MONEY TO SEEK LEGAL HELP I WOULD BUT I DONT

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

THEY TOOK MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WHEN THEY HAD NO RIGHT TO..... THE MONEY THEY TOOK WAS FOR MY RENT I WAS ALREADY BEHIND ON AND NOW MY 3 KIDS AND I HAVE TO SLEEP IN IN MY CAR THAT DONT RUN IN 110 DEGREE IN ARIZONIA MY YOUNGEST IS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD

@justine1195 - sorry for all your troubles.  who is the 'they' that took money? and from what 'account' was it taken.  This is a tax forum only. 

Are the fees supposed to come out of your refund?

If the IRS is taking too long to send your refund you still have to pay the fees in time.

See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again.

And, Why you got charged,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

You should have received about 4 emails asking for the fees.  If you don't pay they will debit your account.  You had to agree to it.

justine1195
Returning Member

I DIDNT FILE MY TAXES THIS YEAR SO WHY WOULD THEY TAKE IT OUT

justine1195
Returning Member

TURBO TACX

@justine1195 - you are not making sense.   Please explain how turbo tax would take money from you if you did not file taxes this year.  

and please turn OFF you cap lock.  

@justine1195     I agree ... you are not making any sense.   If you have 3 kids and no one else is claiming you or the children on their tax return then you should have filed a return to get the child tax credit if nothing else because you did not need income in 2021 to get this refundable credit.  AND  if your refund only consisted of refundable credits then you were not eligible to use the refund processing service to withhold the TT fees  AND   there should have been no fees to pay because you could have used the  free TT online  program   OR   one of the IRS FREE FILE options here :   https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

If you filed with Turbotax, and if you agreed to have your preparation and filing fees deducted from your refund, then you also agreed that if you refund was delayed, Turbotax could collect the preparation and filing fees from your checking account.  That would be $100-$200 at most, and if that withdrawal made you homeless, you have bigger problems that aren't Turbotax's fault.

If you didn't file with Turbotax then Turbotax didn't take your money.

In some cases, I have heard of the IRS taking back a refund if they believe there was fraud involved.  You would have to check with your bank or the IRS.

You need to start by confirming the amount of money that was withdrawn, and who or which bank made the withdrawal.  If you don't know these things, contact your bank first. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies