vale007

The country I live in is not present in the list of choices to enter in the Foreign Earned Income for 2555 p3-T and it won't allow me to e-File without a selection.

BillM223

There is a workaround for the missing "All Other Counties".

If you will choose "Angola-All other" (or any "X-All other" where X is the name of a country in the list), then the default $31,770 amount will appear on line 29b, and if you are otherwise eligible, you will get your housing exclusion.

Keep documentation in your tax file as to why Angola appeared on your return.

SusanY1

If your country is not listed, select the option Other Countries from the very bottom of the drop-down list.  

vale007

Hi SusanY1, 

I wish it was that easy so I wouldn't have to post a question.

There's no "Other Countries" option in either of the dropdown boxes in this case.

Thanks.

DanaB27

Are you referring to the "Confirm Your Foreign Address" screen while in the Foreign Earned Income section (see screenshot) or a different area?       

@vale007

vale007

Hi @DanaB27 ,

No, this is in the foreign housing exclusion section of Form 2555. There's no "other countries" option in either A-L or M-Z dropdown. See screenshot below:

1-23-2020 1-33-49 PM.png

DanaB27

Hi @vale007, yes you are correct there is no "other country" option in this section. Would you mind letting me know what country you are looking for? 

vale007

Hi @DanaB27 ,

I'm looking fro Bolivia.

The system will not allow me to eFile without making a selection here. 

Thanks!

LinaJ2020

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.  Our team is working on resolving the issue.  

vale007

Thanks @LinaJ2020 , can you please advise when this will be fixed so I can file?

vale007

Checking in again. How / with whom can I check the status of this bug report please?

Thanks.

BillM223