turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The country I live in is not present in the list of choices to enter in the Foreign Earned Income for 2555 p3-T and it won't allow me to e-File without a selection.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BillM223
Expert Alumni

The country I live in is not present in the list of choices to enter in the Foreign Earned Income for 2555 p3-T and it won't allow me to e-File without a selection.

There is a workaround for the missing "All Other Counties".

If you will choose "Angola-All other" (or any "X-All other" where X is the name of a country in the list), then the default $31,770 amount will appear on line 29b, and if you are otherwise eligible, you will get your housing exclusion.

Keep documentation in your tax file as to why Angola appeared on your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

10 Replies
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

If your country is not listed, select the option Other Countries from the very bottom of the drop-down list.  

Hi SusanY1, 

I wish it was that easy so I wouldn't have to post a question.

There's no "Other Countries" option in either of the dropdown boxes in this case.

Thanks.

DanaB27
Employee Tax Expert

Are you referring to the "Confirm Your Foreign Address" screen while in the Foreign Earned Income section (see screenshot) or a different area?       

@vale007

Hi @DanaB27 ,

No, this is in the foreign housing exclusion section of Form 2555. There's no "other countries" option in either A-L or M-Z dropdown. See screenshot below:

1-23-2020 1-33-49 PM.png

DanaB27
Employee Tax Expert

Hi @vale007, yes you are correct there is no "other country" option in this section. Would you mind letting me know what country you are looking for? 

Hi @DanaB27 ,

I'm looking fro Bolivia.

The system will not allow me to eFile without making a selection here. 

Thanks!

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.  Our team is working on resolving the issue.  

Thanks @LinaJ2020 , can you please advise when this will be fixed so I can file?

Checking in again. How / with whom can I check the status of this bug report please?

Thanks.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

There is a workaround for the missing "All Other Counties".

If you will choose "Angola-All other" (or any "X-All other" where X is the name of a country in the list), then the default $31,770 amount will appear on line 29b, and if you are otherwise eligible, you will get your housing exclusion.

Keep documentation in your tax file as to why Angola appeared on your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies