turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dillon73

Should I enter "NA" into a field to indicate "Not "Applicable" where that would apply?

I'm not sure if I should just leave the field blank.  And what about the amount that would not be applicable, either?  Put 0.00 or leave it blank?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Belling

Should I enter "NA" into a field to indicate "Not "Applicable" where that would apply?

Any boxes that are not applicable to you, simply leave blank. You will only enter $0.00 into an area if $0.00 actually is showing on the form that you are entering into TurboTax. If in fact it is actually blank, then you should leave it blank in TurboTax as well.

dillon73

Thanks, Belling!
Belling

Very welcome, glad to assist.
aw230012

What if the TurboTax is forcing you to provide a value? I've seen numerous times TurboTax reads if blank leave it blank, but then in the final steps during verification you can't leave it blank to continue.

@aw230012 wrote:

What if the TurboTax is forcing you to provide a value? I've seen numerous times TurboTax reads if blank leave it blank, but then in the final steps during verification you can't leave it blank to continue.

Depends on the form.  What form and line on that form are you referring to?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I am a US citizen working for an international organization. My Box 3 (social security wages) of W-2 is blank. When I try to file my returns, TT says that Box 3 cannot be blank. Should I put a zero (TT does not accept NA in Box 3)?

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Try entering $1 @chantillytax if you are e-filing. It will not affect your taxes since you are exempt from U.S. social security.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies