Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dougiefreshness
Returning Member

Sending diagnostic copy of my return

How do I send a agent a diagnostic copy of my return if I have already efiled?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

@ dougiefreshness wrote: Sending diagnostic copy of my return

How do I send a agent a diagnostic copy of my return if I have already efiled?

Has your efiled return been accepted?

Why are you wanting a TurboTax agent to assess a diagnostic copy of your return after you've already efiled?   What particular issue were you having trouble with prior to efiling that you are wanting them to examine?

We can tell you how to open your filed return back up to send a diagnostic copy of your return (sanitized without personal info) and generate a token number to provide an agent, but it's first best to pair you with a TurboTax agent.  They will be around in this forum during the day and can guide you further if they feel like it's necessary.

So in the meantime, if you can provide some additional info about the particular issue in this thread, that will be a head start.

dougiefreshness
Returning Member

I efiled my federal and my state tax return and I have received my state refund and it was short due to mistake in calculations and the agent is supposed to call me this morning because last night he couldn't figure out a way for me to send a diagnostic copy after i already efiled and do not have the tool kit option in my menu.

@ dougiefreshness  wrote:

I efiled my federal and my state tax return and I have received my state refund and it was short due to mistake in calculations and the agent is supposed to call me this morning because last night he couldn't figure out a way for me to send a diagnostic copy after i already efiled and do not have the tool kit option in my menu.

I don't know you were already scheduled with an agent.  Here's how to open your return interview so you get the full left column menu including TAX TOOLS and subsequent steps to share with a TT agent and get a token number.

• Log in and at the Tax Home click on "Add a State".   That doesn't really add one, but opens the return back up.
  • Once the return interview is open, do not make any changes in either the Fed or state return.   If you later have to amend the return, the amending process has to start off exactly as filed.
  • Once you have the full left column menu, click on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools Center popup choose Share my file with agent.
  • A smaller popup will tell you how it sanitizes your file to make a diagnostic copy and asks you to agree to continue.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies