Solved: Schedule K-1 Box 13, Code W for 2 states

Schedule K-1 Box 13, Code W for 2 states

I have a Schedule K-1 with Code W for 2 separate states.

>> The 'Enter Code W Detail' screen  allows entry for only 1 state. 

>> Likewise the Schedule K-1 Partnership Additional Information form (Form 1065) Line 5 State income tax withheld has only one line. 

How can I report both states without revising the K-1 information before printing each of these state tax forms? 

Thank you.

Kathy

Thank you very much! I used the second option you suggested and it works perfectly. I sincerely appreciate your help. Have a great day! -Kathy

One way to do this is to enter a separate (second) K-1 for the entity that sent you the K-1, with only the box 13 code W box amount for the second state.  So, everything including one box 13 code W state goes on the first K-1, and only the second state box 13 code W goes on the second K-1.

Another way to enter the second state would be to use the path Federal>>Deductions & Credits>>Estimates and Other Taxes Paid>>Other Income Taxes>>Other Taxes Paid in 2019>>Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099.  Enter the amount for the second box 13 code W state here, and everything else except the second state box 13 code W on the K-1.