Repatriated my foreign CD but lost 30% of the principal due to foreign exchange conversion during repatriation (rupee to $). How to claim a loss on this investment?

Opened foreign CD in 2015 initial investment is $10000 which is converted to foreign currency (50 rupees per 1 USD). So, it is 500000Rupees.

Been paying tax for yearly interest after converting the earned interest into $.

Repatriated in 2017 but only got back $9000 after converting the rupees back into dollars.

With above example, how can one show the loss of $1000? Also, the yearly interest (for which tax is being paid annually) is already included in the $9000.

You cannot claim a loss due to the conversion rates on a CD/cash. 

Flip side of that situation ... if the situation had been reversed and due to the exchange rate you had made $1000 it would not be a taxable event either.