Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mlevine2
Returning Member

REIT became a liquidating trust, Grantor Tax Information Letter sent - where does the information go?

I already received a form 1099-DIV, confirmed I am not receiving a K-1, and the form states "This is important tax information, Enter the amounts listed below on your US Income Tax returns".

On the lines where there are $ values to report, this is what it says - where should each of these items be recorded in the turbotax software?

• Capital Gains Information

• Business Property Gain or Loss: If individual taxpayer, enter on Form 4797, Part I, Column G 

• Unrecaptured Section 1250 Gain: If individual taxpayer, enter on Line 11 of Worksheet for schd. D, Form 1040, Line 19

• Miscellaneous Income Information

• Partnership Income from Passive Activities: If individual taxpayer, enter on Sch E, form 1040, Part II 

• Qualified Business Income Information

• Section 199A Qualified Business Income: If individual taxpayer, enter on Form 8995 

• Section 199A UBIA: If individual taxpayer, enter on Sch E, Form 1040, Part II - it's a positive #

• Effectively Connected Income (ECI) Information)

• Your Share of ECI from Underlying Assets 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
wshaedle

REIT became a liquidating trust, Grantor Tax Information Letter sent - where does the information go?

I have the same question. Welcome any assistance.

Same Question, need help

Same here, Grantor trust info letter no K1, for liquidating REIT trust . Cant make any sense of where to enter .

says to enter items interest income on, sch B line 2b

partnership gain or loss,  sch D  part II line 12 col H

business property gain or loss, form 4797 pt 1 col G

unrecaptured sec. 1250 gain, line 11 worksheet, sch D form 1040 line 10

Partnership income from Passive activites, sch E 1040 part II

sec 199A qualified business income, form 8995

sec 199A UBIA

Help!

Take a look at the last 2 pages of this thread. We think it may be close. None of us are experts.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/re-the-grantor-letter-or-information-she...

Exact same question and, I'm betting, exact same liquidating trust!

If this has to do with HGR Liquidating, call Investor Relations at [phone number removed].   Early this week the updated TurboTax instructions on how to input the info.   They will email it to you

Thanks, will contact them. 

why was the phone numer removed?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

For security reasons @Judfly  -  All phone numbers are auto-blocked.    I will link the SEC and HGR tax reporting information links below and you can ask questions here or start a new thread by clicking here.   

2020 Tax Information for HGR Liquidating Trust

SEC - Frequently Asked Questions HGR Liq. Trust

Excerpt from IRS Pub­li­ca­tion 550 (Invest­ment Income and Expens­es), page 21, with Investor Relations phone number below.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies