Recovery rebate tax credit owed child support

I had a baby in 2020 so I have to file the recovery rebate credit to get the stimulus.Will the money I get be offset for back support?

The first stimulus payment ($500 per child) may be offset for child support.

The second stimulus payment ($600 par child) cannot be offset for child support.

@kaylajarvi

[Edited 01/14/2021  10:49 AM PST]

The round 2 payment is not subject to offset, the round 1 payment is.  If you are eligible for the full $1800 for a newborn dependent, then up to $1200 from round 1 is possibly subject to offset. 

Ok thank you so much!

So the same rule applies to the recovery rebate credit that I have to file on my taxes?Whether it was the stimulus or rebate credit its the same?

@kaylajarvi wrote:

Yes, for round 2.  Line 30 of form 1040 does not differentiate between the payments, but the information is in the worksheets and presumably the IRS will be able to use the information to determine how much of your line 30 claim applies to round 2. 

Thank you so much!Ive trying to find this answer everywhere.I even called the irs but they told me to ask a tax expert.God bless you for your time.