turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will Turbo Tax know to include the 3rd year of my disaster distribution due in 2020 when the update for the form comes out? Last year it automatically knew I needed it

It didn't ask me to wait for the form and it thinks my 2020 is ready to file and I know I owe one more year.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DanaB27
Employee Tax Expert

Will Turbo Tax know to include the 3rd year of my disaster distribution due in 2020 when the update for the form comes out? Last year it automatically knew I needed it

TurboTax's disaster distribution section isn't ready yet, you will have to come back once the Form 8915 is ready. Please see IRS forms availability table for TurboTax  for additional information. Once the Form is ready you can indicate that you had a prior year disaster distribution and provide all the details.

[Edited 2/3/2021 | 8:25]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dmertz
Level 15

This question has nothing to do with a coronavirus-related distribution or Form 8915-E.

TurboTax does not transfer any Form 8915 information from one year to the next.  The only way that TurboTax knows that you had a prior year disaster distribution is if you tell TurboTax that you did and you provide the details.  Since 2020 TurboTax does not yet allow you to enter your prior year disaster distribution information, TurboTax falsely indicates that your tax return is ready for filing, presently ignoring any indication that you made that you received a prior-year disaster distribution.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies