Refinance settlement statement

I refinanced twice last year and my loan was sold once. So I have 4 1098's. The settlement statements that I received from the title company for both refinances included interest that was pre-paid and property taxes but these amounts don't show up on the correlating 1098. How to I add those amounts in?

Refinance settlement statement

If the prepaid interest is not included in the 1098s, you can enter the 1098 and check the box for "the amount of interest I am claiming is different than on the 1098".  Enter the total amount (in other words, for lender A, add the amount prepaid to lender A to the regular interest included in the 1098; do the same separately for lender B, etc.)  You will be given a space to write an explanation.  Keep it simple.  Keep your proof in case the IRS sends a letter asking for more information. 

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**