Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Qualified Business Income Deduction - Unable to file return

it is 3/6 and am having the same problem. totally frustrated  and becoming angry. I already paid for everything and now they won't even let me print and send by mail.

I was able to file 2 28

thanks, I tried again today with no success

dkr7867

I received a 1099 from the church that I pastor. I went through the questions and the computer said I was trying to make a payment. I reviewed all my answers and they were correct. I can’t go forward. How do I resolve this problem

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Are you referring to the QBI?

@dkr7867

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes.  I ended up filing paper copies of my federal and state returns.  It was a real disappointment that Turbotax was unable to fix the problem in time for me to file my returns.  Thx

I wait for them and they dIsn’t deposit my bank yet 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@Victorgarcia93

You can check your refund status here. It takes about 21 days to receive your refund from the IRS when you e-file and choose direct deposit as your refund choice. Also you will get personalized refund information if you check back with Where's My Refund? once the IRS has processed and approved your refund. For more on the timing of your refund please see this TurboTax FAQ.

If you mailed in your tax return you will need to wait about 4 weeks for a status to appear in Where's My Refund? and then it will usually take about 6-8 weeks to receive your refund by paper check from the IRS from the date you mailed it to them.

Rcajdg

Me too. Have you gotten your refund yet? Mine just shows still processing and the status bar went away. 

KTR33
Returning Member

OK, I am not ready to file but wondering if this issue has been resolved yet by TT?                                                      Also, I have ANOTHER QBI deduction question.  I have 2 K-1s for the same business for a married couple.  For the QBI form 8995 do I enter the business from the K-1, Statement A- QBI Pass through entity reporting  from each K-1 on separate lines, or do I combine?  The 8995 is not total income for the business correct, just the amounts from the K-1 Statement A ?

ron64

My 2018 Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization Report showed a value in the Section 179 column.   My 2019 return is unable to  pass the federal review because the Credit Carryover portion line 24 Section 179 Expense Deduction disallowed the value indicated in the 2018 tax return because the values in the 2019 return do not match (there is no value in the 2019 return).  To correct the problem,TT states that I am to correct the 2019 Credit Carryover individual activities so they add up to the total shown on line 24.  However, there is no guidance on how to attempt to do this.  Any thoughts?

How do I reverse out of qualified business income deduction for rental property?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You need to got back into the area in TurboTax where you entered your rental income and expenses. You will see a screen that says "Review your rental summary." Then, click on the "Done with Rental Property" option and work through the rest of the questions and you will come to a screen that says "Is this Qualified Business Income?", to which you can answer "No", and that will reverse the qualified business income deduction for your rental property.

hanoncs

I've used turbotax for like 7 years and I wont be using it again. Terrible customer support, if you call it that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies