kakamholz

Qualified Business Income Deduction - Unable to file return

When running the analysis I continue to get taken to an entry to review.  The message I receive is 

Sch K-1 Wks-S (my company's name): Activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited.  For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported.  This will be enabled in a subsequent release.

Turbo Tax then takes me to line B of Section D2 where my company's name is currently listed.  I have entered all required information in this section but I can't get past this check in order to file my return.  How can I get past this check and file my return? 

jessazimmerman

me, too. This is frustrating! form 8995A is now listed as available, but I am still unable to file my taxes. Please, Turbotax, update us on how to get past this.

ryan2345

Same problem here. I also raised this in another thread. Hopefully we get an answer soon!

Sandman1

Same error message regarding QBI. Spoke to TT support and then TT CPA who suggested that even though the form is available not all parts may be released. Wait 24 hrs and retry.  

AAdkisson

Same issue.  After several hours with support the first week of Feb, told the update would come 2/20 and will then be able to file.  As of now, 2/21 9:23a ET, still unable to file.

Hoping this will get resolved soon.

bullbear01

This is exactly what mine is doing, the review takes me to line B of section D2, which is our company name. I read a variety of issues caused by this, but I'm glad to find your post, so I'm not alone!

Rcajdg

It’s still doing it 2/21 I’m so frustrated and just want to file. If anyone gets more info, please let me know. 

AAdkisson

New date according to IRS = 2/28

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

See form 8995-A date. 

dommett01

Thank you AAdkisson! I've spent hours trying to figure out what was going on. Wish TurboTax's verbage on the flagged page was linked to show the Federal government's intended date to have fixed. Appreciate the link so I can track myself in case it gets pushed out further.

tonyingraffea

Same problem, with a twist. After many tries, finally got through to a person to discuss.  Got as far as her stating that it should have been fixed on 2/20, and asking for a screen shot...then disconnected. Started over again, and this time was advised that I could not speak to a person because I had not purchased and used TURBOTAX!!  Frustrating?  You bet.

jdkelstrom

Thank you!  Crazy how this date keeps getting pushed out.

FrustratedUser38

Why is Turbotax not providing an update to its customers on this forum.  Paying customers should not have to keep contacting TurboTax for updates, the company should be proactive and let us know when we can e-file.

bullbear01

I heard the form was done so I went back through the K-1 and did the Federal review. All is good and I'm finally done. Anyone else your good to go!

elizaut

As of 2/27/2020 7:30 PM MT I am not able to resolve this and submit my return. In the review stage, when it asks me to put in my Previously Disallowed QBI, it won't accept any numbers. Do I just need to wait for the IRS to release something?

Thanks!

Ljohndd2

Yes