Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Problem with Form 8962 - advanced premium tax credit

Also stuck in rejection loop. I had both Medical and Covered California during 2021. I have all my digital forms ready but I'm never asked about 1095-A, only asked about 3895 which I entered all my information from Covered California. 

When I go to Forms all I see regarding healthcare is Form 3895 and Form 3853.

No idea how to get out of this rejection loop, so frustrating.

Try hitting the magnifying glass and type in "1095-A." I think there are directions on what to do there. 

I ended up just needing to enter my 1095-A in my federal return under medical.

WillieBrR
Returning Member

Its now April and my taxes iwas rejected twice because of this 8962 message. I did not get a 1095A. Turbo tax needs to make this a lot easier!!!

EVERYONE, call turbo tax at 8# 0# 0# - 4# 4# 6# - 8# 8# 4# 8# and they will guide you through the workaround. Yes I had to wait 15 minutes (don't do the callback option, stay on the phone) and then I spoke to a rep and she told me how to work around it. Essentially you have to fill out a dummy form with 1s and 0s. good luck.

WillieBrR
Returning Member

I am so frustrated with Turbo tax. I have tried about four times to filed and keep getting Rejected. I have called the support line and it seems as though the agents have different approach to deal with a 8962-F70 message! I did not receive a 1095A. Yet, I cannot get over this HURDLE! I  have been using turbo tax for years and have never used the support line. I expected a more unified support system and a common knowledge base. However, my expectations is at the utmost low! No one seems to know how to fix/help and resole this issue. Shame on you guys!  

BSaub

I'm having the very same issue, claiming I'm missing a Form 8962 but I don't have one partially filled out and didn't receive one from what I can tell. 

code : 1005235

My fault for waiting til the last miute, but I had everything entered and the last thing I espected was to have my return rejected over and over. Like everyone else, I do not have a 1095-A, I have a 1095-B. There was no 1095-A form to complete so I couldn't delted it. I created one and then deleted it. Still rejected. There has to be a workable solution for this as EVERYONE is having this problem. 

But, seeing as there is no answer, and there is no viable solution provided by TurboTax, what I want to know is this - how do I change the way I submit this - apparently it's an electronic thing because when I print it out, I can change the response and there is no 1095-A.  I will mail my returns but I want my e-file fee for state refunded. How do I make that happen?

Paul921921
Returning Member

I tried to e-file about 8 times yesterday and kept getting my return rejected for missing form 8962.  I did not get any 1095-A forms and followed the link below with a couple of edits to create a dummy/placeholder form 8962, which was accepted!

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejected-tax-return/help/how-do-i-fix-e-file-reject-f8962-070/00/2...

Scroll down to "What if I wasn’t covered at all in 2021 through the Marketplace?" and use arrow to expand.

Scroll to:

"2. The IRS has information that someone in your household should have a 1095-A". 

Add step 0 (before steps 1 thru 7): Click on the forms button and look at the left column (Forms in my return) for forms 1095-A and 8962. If they are present, click on the form and select "delete form" at bottom.

Now, follow the remaining steps 1 thru 7

For step 5, make sure you enter '1' in Col A, rows 21 (Jan) thru 32 (Dec) and '1' in Col B, rows 21 thru 32. For Col C, enter '0'  in rows 21 thru 31 and '1' for row 32.

Before you e-file again, you can check to verify that the dummy/placeholder form 8962 will be e-filed by going to file:Save to PDF, then select "All official forms required for filing" and scroll through the list of forms to make sure TT is including "Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit". Now you can e-file. Good luck.

My tax is being rejected for form 8962. I made an acct on marketplace but was late for enrollment and never had insurance the whole year. 

My token number: 1022442

attorneyarlene
Returning Member

I am having this problem two when secondary numbers are zero - and I can't e-file.  This is a problem in the software that needs corrected.   Why hasn't it been?

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

For the Form 1095-A if there are any fields with a zero, please backspace over them and leave them blank. 

If this does not completely solve the problem, please let us know which screen and field seems to be having difficulty, so we may better assist you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
attorneyarlene
Returning Member

OK, I went through this problem and Turbo Tax would redirect me back to the form saying "we need more information".   My 1095-A had numbers in first column and zeros in the second.  (SLCSP   It would not allow zeros

Ends up I finally got a message saying to go http://www.healthcare.gov/tax-tool.   When I went here and put in all my information - it ended up my 2nd column was not zeros but the same amount as 1st column.

Try that.   I was advised to put in $2 and $1 in the columns but that would not have been right.

attorneyarlene
Returning Member

If you have 1095B you don't complete the 1095A section as its not through marketplace.  Maybe you have put a check mark in the wrong area for health insurance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies